Thursday, May 24, 2007


THE MOST HEARTFELT COMPLIMENT ONE COULD GIVE . . .
Last weekend we were out visiting Biz's parents at the lake and I came back on Saturday to check on some concrete work we were having done, when, lo and behold, I found this waiting for me. . . er, waiting for Bizzy.
Our neighbors said its a tradition that occurs when graduation approaches (it's this weekend!) that students will go out and get crazy, teepeeing one's house with toilet paper.
That's OK. I laughed it off, pulled out the garbage bag and . . .
"You didn't call the police, did you?" my next door neighbor asked as I was stuffing the Glad Bag not so gladly.
"Oh, no, of course not!" I replied.
"The kids must like you, because you were paid the highest compliment they could give," she added.
"Really?" I continued to stuff toilet paper, wondering, 'Could I reuse . . . ? Nah!'
"If they didn't like you, they would have just egged your house," my neighbor said, emphatically.
We put out the word to the kids who tell, that is, at the High School where Bizzy works. One kid said, "Gee, Dr. Ratliff, you're not going to give them ISS are you?"
"Oh, no," replied Bizzy to the wondering tattle-tale. "I'm going to get even!" When he asked how, she told him how she was going to stuff the guilty party(ies) locker(s) with . . .
Needless to say, one only wishes, and we laughed off this particular practical joke.

No comments: